Oracle: April 2012
OpenText Accounts Payable for Oracle Applications 3.2 New Features
Accelerate invoice processing, exceptions and approvals for Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft Enterprise, and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications
OpenText Accounts Payable for Oracle, part of the OpenText ECM Suite, is a complete solution that streamlines the procurement-to-pay cycle. It leverages Oracle Fusion Middleware to integrate into the Oracle® E-Business Suite, Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise, and Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. Key capabilities include invoice routing and approval, invoice management, document and data capture, workflow management, content storage, and process reporting.
For most companies, invoice processing requires too much manual effort, causing a drain on resources internally and for the vendor involved. One of the most labor-intensive manual processing steps is the manual keying of data from paper invoices into Oracle’s ERP. Other manual processing and resolution efforts involve time-consuming historical research, communication with the vendor, process documentation, requests for additional information from multiple parties, manual routing, and the labor-intensive process of monitoring and providing update reports on the status of unpaid invoices. AP staff resources can spend most of their time addressing these problems, while vendors and buyers experience a wide range of disincentives and disadvantages.
OpenText Accounts Payable for Oracle Applications 3.2 is scheduled to be released in April 2012. It will include a number of new features. These include:
- Localization: The user interface is now provided in English, French, Spanish, and German, which provides more flexibility for multinational companies and multi-lingual organizations.
- PO Support: PO processing support will be added for PeopleSoft and E-Business Suite ERPs to round out the Non PO functionality. JD Edwards PO support will be released later in the year as a patch.
- Ad Hoc Routing: Ad Hoc Routing allows an invoice to be dynamically routed around at specific steps in processing for review, approval, or confirmation by other people or groups.
- Task Escalation: This feature allows managers the ability to automatically escalate human tasks to a user, group, or performer based on a specific time of inaction.
- Task Due Dates: Reminder emails will be sent to owners of tasks as they draw closer to the due date. Administrators can send multiple reminders based on minutes, hours, or days of the human task going based due.
For more information, refer to the OpenText Accounts Payable for Oracle Applications data sheet on our website.
OpenText Content Access for Oracle® Applications 1.3 Coming in April 2012
Document access, document archiving, and process collaboration for Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft Enterprise, and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Built on a highly scalable technology foundation, OpenText Content Access for Oracle® Applications provides a unified platform enabling organizations running Oracle applications to securely manage all documents and content (including content from non-Oracle sources) within a single content repository. Superior technology, exceptional integration, and global enterprise experience ensure the highest levels of scalability, the fastest return on investment, and outstanding levels of customer satisfaction.
When Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems first emerged, organizations were influenced by a vision of high process transparency, faster execution, and lower costs. This vision was partly fulfilled, but a key piece of the vision—seamlessly integrating business processes with content—was still unfulfilled. Content Access for Oracle Applications enables organizations to link document content to business context seamlessly in Oracle applications.
OpenText Content Access for Oracle Applications 1.3:
- Content Server Simple SSO: Content Access client module (WIE) now supports “simple” Single Sign-On for Content Server 9.7.1 and Content Server 10. A new IWA option (Integrated Windows Authentication) on the configuration dialog now lets administrators make this login feature effective.
- Updated AnnoView Content Server Module: AnnoView Content Server module now supports Content Server 9.7.1 December patch and Content Server 10 patches 1-5. In addition, a number of integration issues with Content Server (formerly Livelink ECM - Enterprise Server) have been resolved. Installing this module requires uninstall and reinstall of the new module version. Once 1.3 AnnoView version is upgraded, customers can upgrade to new version without uninstall. Contact OpenText support prior to installing this module, as there are some special considerations that need to be observed.
- Combined Installer and Automatic Upgrade: Previously, administrators needed to install WIECore.msi and then the ContentAccess.msi. Currently, when installing Content Access client module (WIE) on a computer, there is combined, single installer now named content_accessx86.msi. The installer will automatically upgrade Content Access clients from 1.20.19 and higher to the latest release.
- Internet Explorer Signed Plug-in and OpenText publisher: Content Access client module (WIE) now is a signed module for Internet Explorer. In addition, all the modules are grouped in the OpenText publisher in the Module Administration dialog making it easier to find the modules.
OpenText Content Access for Oracle Applications 1.3 is only available via request from OpenText Customer Support through April 30, 2012. April 30 is the schedule release date for OpenText Knowledge Center download.
OpenText Content Access for Oracle Applications brings the worlds of ERP and ECM together, enabling structured and unstructured content to be viewed together in the business context of how they really relate to each other. Users of Oracle ERP applications have unstructured content at their fingertips, improving their productivity, but this content is securely managed in an ECM system designed for the purpose. With Content Access for Oracle Applications, you really can have the best of both worlds.
For more information, refer to the OpenText Content Access for Oracle Applications data sheet on our website.
Webinar OnDemand: OpenText Content Access for Oracle® Applications
Learn how Content Access for Oracle® Applications can unlock the power of your Oracle ERP
OpenText Content Access for Oracle® Applications fills the void by enabling a single point of access to securely capture, organize, and display documents and associated business transaction content from within your ERP environment.
With this powerful enablement solution, you can now unlock the power of your Oracle ERP application by “content enabling” Oracle® E-Business, PeopleSoft®, and JD Edwards® with a single click. All relevant documents and information for this transaction is presented to the user in an easy-to-navigate hit list.
Various studies show that up to ninety percent of content managed in an enterprise is unstructured (Microsoft Office documents, images of scanned documents, pictures, and others), and as little as ten percent is structured (transactional). ERPs excel at managing structured content, but a key piece of the vision—seamlessly integrating business processes with supporting content—is still unfulfilled.
Unite the worlds of Enterprise Resource Planning and Enterprise Content Management
Content Access users now have unstructured content at their fingertips, allowing a complete view of valuable business information related to a particular customer, employee, partner, or supplier that is tailored to their ERP environment, such as the Accounts Payable, Human Resources, Travel and Expense, and Case and Contract Management.
Empower your organization to improve operational efficiency and productivity, and make more informed business decisions.
Strategic Partnership:OpenText and Oracle
Extending ECM from the Desktop to the Database, Across the Enterprise
Visit the OpenText ECM Suite for Oracle website. There, you can download collateral and whitepapers, learn more about how the OpenText and Oracle partnership can help you extend and enhance your Oracle application and technology portfolio, and help your organization and information workers get the most out of their enterprise business content.
OpenText ECM Suite for Oracle Applications brings ECM to transaction-oriented processes such as accounts payable, enabling knowledge workers in these areas to easily manage structured data and unstructured content together. The integration of data and content in business processes reduces manual data entry, expedites transactional processing such as invoice payment, reduces document filing, storage, and retrieval costs, and helps to increase the productivity of Accounts Payable employees by as much as 40 percent. By enabling you to access and control content across multiple Oracle and non-Oracle applications, OpenText ECM Suite for Oracle increases the value of your investment in Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft Enterprise, and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
Mark Your Calendar
April 22-26, 2012
Mandalay Bay Convention Center
Las Vegas, Nevada
While at Collaborate12, meet with the OpenText Content Experts in booth 1172. To book a demonstration or meeting, please contact Todd Holbrook.